This one’s for the ‘need to make dinner quick’ people. The ‘I got home from work late and my stomach is about to have a mental breakdown’ people. The ‘give me something satiating and satisfying ASAP’ people! This is a foolproof meatball recipe that’s baked instead of fried on the stovetop, which reduces cooking time and makes clean-up easier, too. You can make your own marinara sauce, or Rao's, a tasty store-bought sauce without added sugar if you’re strapped for time.
Makes 8 large meatballs
1 lb (450 g) ground beef
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
½ cup milk
2 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tbsp for greasing a pan
1 tsp oregano and garlic powder each
Salt and pepper
Homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
Basil leaves, for serving
Quick Tutorial 👆🏼
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl, then add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, milk, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper and oil. Using a wooden spoon, combine altogether and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly oil a small rimmed sheet pan.
- Add ⅓ of the meat into the mixture at a time, careful not to over mix it (combing in batches makes it easier to incorporate without over mixing.)
- Using your hands, form into 8 meatballs. Place onto the sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove - they should be browning and crispy - and using a spatula turn meatballs over. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with tomato sauce, or in a pasta dish.