I call this my ‘french girl lunch’. It’s perfectly salty, crunchy and absolutely satisfying. I eat this with crackers or crudité, but it would also make a lovely spread for a baguette or tuna sandwich. It’s conveniently high in protein, paleo friendly, and will keep you full for hours! If you’re not on board with the canned fish trend, this might just be the recipe to convert you. Bon appetit!
1 can Rio Mare tuna
1 hard boiled egg, chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
2-3 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp capers
¼ cup mayo
½ lemon, juiced
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp black pepper
Dill and green onion to garnish
- Drain excess oil from canned tuna
- Finely chop the egg, celery, and red onion
- Add everything to a bowl, and mix together.
- Garnish with fresh dill and green onion.
Other variations you can enjoy:
- Pickles or kimchi instead of capers
- Avocado or Greek yogurt instead of mayo
- Add in shredded aged cheddar, smashed chickpeas