Finding the best natural ingredients for your skincare can be challenging, but there’s a reason you’re seeing more of the mysterious-sounding ingredient called squalane.
We added olive squalane to our Honey Tobacco Body Butter and Wildwood facial serum because it is similar in structure to the natural oils produced by the skin. This means it is easily absorbed and won't clog pores or contribute to breakouts.
Olive squalane is rich in benefits for the skin, including moisturizing, improving texture and tone, protecting against environmental stressors, reducing inflammation, and regulating oil production. It's completely and naturally derived from olives. So while it can be challenging to find skincare that is just right for you, we can all agree that this is beneficial for all skin types, and especially for oily or combination skin.
It might feel counter-intuitive to use oil on oily skin, so here’s 5 reasons we think you should reconsider:
Moisturizing and hydrating
- It is a lightweight and non-greasy oil that penetrates deeply into the skin to provide long-lasting hydration. The #1 reason we added it to our body butter.
- It's similar in structure to the natural oils produced by the skin, which makes it an excellent emollient, meaning, it helps to soothe, soften, and improve hydration.
- It helps to lock in moisture and prevent water loss, leaving the skin feeling soft and supple.
Improves skin texture and tone
Olive squalane is also beneficial for improving skin texture and tone.
- It helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve uneven skin tone and texture.
- It also helps to promote cell regeneration, which can help to improve the overall health and vitality of the skin.
Protects against environmental stressors
Olive squalane is rich in antioxidants, which help to protect the skin from environmental stressors such as pollution, UV rays, and free radicals. These stressors can damage the skin and contribute to premature aging. Olive squalane helps to neutralize free radicals which can help to keep the skin looking youthful and radiant.
Olive squalane has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is especially beneficial for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- It helps to calm redness and irritation, while its moisturizing properties help to prevent dryness and flakiness.
- It also helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes and promote healing of the skin.
Helps to regulate oil production
Olive squalane is similar in structure to the natural oils produced by the skin
- makes it an excellent option for those with oily or combination skin.
- It helps to regulate oil production and prevent excess sebum from clogging pores.
- Olive squalane is also non-comedogenic, which means it won't clog pores or contribute to breakouts.
If you're one that jumps to conclusions, here it is:
Whether you're looking to reduce dry, flaky skin, improve texture and tone, protect against environmental stressors, reduce inflammation, or regulate oil production, olive squalane is an effective and safe natural ingredient. So, if you've been confused about how to pick the right facial serum among the masses out there, try our Wildwood Facial Serum. Your skin will thank you, and we know you’ll get addicted to the beautiful scent, too.