I’ve been curious about the baked feta pasta recipe that was trending on TikTok a few months ago, but tomatoes aren’t in season right now, so I opted for broccoli instead and added my own flair. I’ve made a broccoli pasta sauce before and really loved it - I could only imagine how much the addition of feta would elevate the flavour. I’m happy to report that broccoli and feta are definitely a match made in heaven.
You can serve this as a dip, or add some cream and make it into a pasta sauce.
For a Dip
sea salt + pepper
1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
1 shallot, sliced
5 garlic cloves, crushed
½ lemon, zest and juice
1 brick of feta, about 8 oz (not crumbled)
¼ - ½ cup cream, depending on consistency preference
For pasta sauce
3 cups uncooked pasta
½ cup reserved pasta water
½ cup cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. Thinly slice the shallot. Crush the garlic cloves. Add all ingredients to a cast iron pan, or a casserole dish.
- Generously drizzle olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Using your hands, toss until everything is fully coated.
- Nestle the brick of feta in the middle of the pan / dish.
- Using a microplane, zest half a lemon. Squeeze the lemon juice over top of the ingredients.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- If you’d like to make the pasta sauce, cook your pasta as per package direction. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water before straining.
- Remove the baked broccoli and feta. Using the back of a wooden spoon, begin to mash the feta into the broccoli. Add the mixture to a blender, or food processor. Add the cream if you want just a dip, or the pasta water and cream if you want more of a sauce.
- Blend together until smooth.
- Serve with chips, or crudité as a dip. Mix with your cooked pasta as a sauce.