I have no words for these brownies. Truly one of the best creations I’ve ever bit into. The bottom brownie layer is super fudgy, balanced out by the crispy cookie layer on top - it’s the best of both worlds, in every way! And to know they are gluten and dairy free, makes my heart swell a little more. I highly recommend making these this weekend, they’re the perfect Valentine's day treat.
Minimalist Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Make the minimalist chocolate chip cookie dough as per this recipe. Refrigerate it, while you make the brownie layer.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- For the brownie layer, add all ingredients to a food processor and process until a smooth batter forms.
- Line a 8x8” square baking dish with parchment paper. Add the brownie batter to the bottom of the dish and spread evenly.
- Take big chunks of the minimalist cookie dough and place on top of the brownie batter; it will cover most of the batter. Lightly press the cookie dough into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes - the brownies may seem like they are not done but allow enough time to properly cool and firm up. They should be a moist fudgy texture when you bite in!